Monday, July 18, 2011

In the Beginning!

I was a track athlete at Idaho State University, and I was pretty good. I got pregnant with my first child my junior year, and ever since then I haven't been the same with my weight. I gained a total of 60 pounds with him, and still haven't lost it all. After I had my last child in March 2010, I decided it was time to finally try to get back into the kind of condition I was in when I started college. I started eating right and working out starting in August of 2010. January rolled around and I had only lost about 10 pounds. I know 10 pounds is good, but I was still 192 pounds!! Well Gold's Gym was having a 12 week weight loss challenge. My husband and I decided we were going to enter. To me it was something that was going to keep me focused on my weight. 12 weeks passed of eating right, but cheating once in a while (I was going to go crazy if I didn't have some chocolate once in a while!) and I was down to 177 at the final weigh in!! I lost 15 pounds in 12 weeks. It was good enough to earn me second place where I won a free one year membership and 6 training sessions. Well that goes without saying I have gained a few since then.

Today I am starting my own 12 week challenge to see if I can get down to the 160 pounds I was at in college. My weight today is 185 pounds!! I know ewe! Let's see how well I can do! But hey if I could loose 15 pounds before with cheating, maybe I can get below my goal weight without the cheating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment